I Can Quilt N’ Sew – UT
A State-Wide 4H & Youth Quilting Contest
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
Use the form below to Register
no later than March 10th, 2018
Email us your 200 word progress report
no later than March 15th, 2018
Email us your final report
no later than April 15th, 2018
Keep scrolling for further instructions below
The Grand Prize of a Juki Sewing Machine will be awarded to the creation that wins our Viewers Choice Award at the Utah Quilting & Sewing Marketplace. ALL contestants who complete the course will receive a FREE 10” Ideal Seam Guide ($20 value) and a certificate of completion from Sew Very Smooth!
- All youth are invited to participate and register for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! -UT, A State-Wide 4-H/Youth Quilt Contest and need not be affiliated with or be a member of 4-H.
- Registration is free!
- Contestant Youth Divisions are 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, and 17-19 years of age as of January 1, 2018.
- Contestants will construct and submit one (1) original quilt or garment of their choice
- Original quilts/garment will be judged based on the contestant’s interpretation of the theme: “Stars ‘n Stripes, What do You See?”
- Each entered, finished and original quilt /garment can be no larger than 50” x 50” or no smaller than 24” x 24”
- Contestants will register at ICanQuiltnSew.com on the Utah registration page, beginning February 1, 2018 through March 10, 2018
- Each contestant will submit a 200 word Initial Progress Report Essay by email to: ICanQuiltnSewUT@sewverysmooth.com no later than March 15, 2018. The Progress Report Essay must be written by the contestant, explaining their quilt/garment construction plans and include a picture of them working on their quilt/garment with their adult mentor, parent or 4-H Leader.
- Contestants will submit a 200 word Final Report Essay and photo of them holding their finished quilt no later than April 15, 2018 by email to: ICanQuiltnSewUT@sewverysmooth.com
- Contestants will receive an I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! -UT Contest Completion Certificate, a 10” Ideal Seam Guide ($20 value) as prizes for meeting all posted deadlines and submitting the Final Report Essay
- Five (5) Grand Finalists in each youth division will be selected from the submitted Contestant Final Report Essays and finished quilt photos then notified by April 20, 2018 by the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! –UT Contest Committee.
- All Grand Finalists will be given instructions how and where to submit their finished quilt/garment and must arrive no later than May 1, 2018. All Grand Finalists meeting that deadline will have their quilts displayed at the Utah Quilting & Sewing Marketplace and be eligible for the Viewer’s Choice Award, May 3-5 at the Mountain America Exposition Center in Sandy, UT. All Grand Finalist will receive additional prizes donated by the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! –UT Contest Sponsors.
- Grand Finalists do not have to be present to win but their finished project does.