I Can Quilt 'N Sew Youth Quilting/Sewing
& Mentoring Initiative
Mission Statement: Promoting the art of quilting and sewing while fostering interaction, communication and mentoring between the youth and adults of Oklahoma.
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
Use the form below to Register
Email us your final report
Keep scrolling for further instructions below
All youth are invited to participate and register for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – OK, A State-Wide Youth Quilt Contest.
Registration is free!
Contestant Youth Divisions are 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, and 17-19 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
1. Contestants will construct and submit one (1) original quilt for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – OK
2. Original quilts will be judged based on the contestant’s interpretation of the theme:
“Where in Zootopia is a 4-Leaf Clover”
3. Each entered, finished and original quilt can be no larger than 50” x 50” or no smaller than 24” x 24”
4. Contestants will register at www.ICanQuiltnSew.com beginning May 31, 2019 through September 1, 2019
5. Each contestant will submit a 200 word Initial Report Essay by email to: ICanQuiltnSew-OK@sewverysmooth.com no later than September 5, 2019. The Progress Report Essay must be written by the contestant, explain their quilt construction plans, and include a picture of them working on their quilt with their adult mentor, parent, or leader.
6. Contestants will submit a 200 word Final Report Essay and photo of them holding their finished quilt no later than September 30, 2019 by email to ICanQuiltnSew-OK@sewverysmooth.com
7. Contestants will receive an I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – OK Contest Completion Certificate, a 10” Ideal Seam Guide ($20 value) as prizes for meeting all posted deadlines and submitting the Final Report Essay
Five (5) Grand Finalists in each youth division will be selected from the submitted Contestant Final
Report Essays and finished quilt photos then notified by October 5, 2019 by the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – OK Contest Committee.
All Grand Finalists will be given instructions how and where to submit their finished quilt on October 5, 2019. All Grand Finalist quilts must be submitted and arrive no later than October 15, 2019 in order to have their quilts displayed at the Country Fare Quilter’s Club Show “Autumn Leaves” October 17, 18 & 19 at the Claremore, OK Community Center and eligible for the Viewer’s Choice Award.
All Grand Finalist are not required to be present and will receive additional prizes donated by the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – OK Contest Sponsors.