I Can Quilt N’ Sew – MO
A State-Wide Youth Quilting Contest & Mentoring Initiative
It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
Use the form below to Register
no later than JuLY 15th, 2018
Email us your 200 word progress report
no later than July 31st, 2018
Email us your final report
no later than August 31st, 2018
Keep scrolling for further instructions below
All selected finalists will receive great prizes from our generous contest sponsors. All finalists are also eligible to be voted the Viewers Choice Award at the Quilt Festival and receive a new sewing machine from Bernina!
2018 MISSOURI REGISTRATION
All youth are invited to participate and register for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – MO, A State-Wide Youth Quilt Contest and need not be affiliated with or be a member of 4-H.
Registration is free!
- Contestant Youth Divisions are 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, and 17-19 years of age as of January 1, 2018.
- Contestants will construct and submit one (1) original quilt/sewing project for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! MO Competition
- Original quilt/sewing project will be judged based on the contestant’s interpretation of the theme:
- “Stars n’ Stripes… What Do You See?”
- Each entered, finished and original quilt/sewing project can be no larger than 50” x 50”
- Contestants will register at ICanQuiltnSew.com beginning May 3rd, 2018 through July 15th, 2018
- Each contestant will submit a 200 word Initial Progress Report Essay by email to: ICanQuiltnSew-MO@sewverysmooth.com no later than July 31, 2018. The Progress Report Essay must be written by the contestant, explaining their quilt/sewing construction plans and include a picture of them working on their quilt/garment with their adult mentor, parent or 4-H Leader.
- Contestants will submit a 200 word Final Report Essay and photo of them holding their finished quilt no later than August 31, 2018 by email to: ICanQuiltnSew-MO@sewverysmooth.com
- Contestants will receive an I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! – MO Contest Completion Certificate, a 10” Ideal Seam Guide ($20 value) as prizes for meeting all posted deadlines and submitting the Final Report Essay