I Can Quilt 'N Sew Youth Quilting/Sewing
& Mentoring Initiative
2018 I Can Quilt ‘N Sew Showroom
Keep an eye on this space to see the progress of these talented young quilters! Keep up the great work!
All youth are invited to participate and register for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! -AZ, A State-Wide Youth Quilt Contest and Mentoring Initiative. Registration is free!
Contestant Youth Divisions are 8-10, 11-13, 14-16, and 17-19 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
1. Contestants will construct and submit one (1) original quilt for the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! -AZ
2. Original quilts will be judged based on the contestant’s interpretation of the theme:
“Where in Zootopia Is a 4-Leaf Clover”
3. Each entered, finished and original quilt can be no larger than 50” x 50” or no smaller than 24” x 24”
4. Contestants and adult Mentor will register at www.ICanQuiltnSew.com beginning November 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019
5. Each contestant will submit a 200 word Initial Report Essay by email to: ICanQuiltnSew-AZ@sewverysmooth.com no later than January 31, 2019. The Progress Report Essay must be written by the contestant, explaining their quilt construction plans and include a picture of them working on their quilt with their adult mentor.
6. Contestants will submit a 200 word Final Report Essay and photo of them holding their finished quilt… no later than February 14, 2019 by email to ICanQuiltnSew-AZ@sewverysmooth.com
7. Contestants will receive an I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! -AZ Contest Completion Certificate, a 10” Ideal Seam Guide ($20 value) as prizes for meeting all posted deadlines and submitting the Final Report Essay
As many as Five (5) Grand Finalists in each youth division will be selected from the submitted Contestant Final
Report Essays and finished quilt photos then notified by February 15, 2019 by the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! -AZ Contest
All Grand Finalists will be given instructions how and where to submit and deliver their finished quilt to the Tucson Quilters Guild on February 15. All Grand Finalist quilts must be submitted and arrive no later than February 21, 2019. All Grand Finalists meeting that deadline will have their quilts displayed at the Tucson Quilters Guild Quilt Fiesta February 22-24 at the Tucson Convention Center.
All Grand Finalist will receive additional prizes donated by the I Can Quilt ‘n Sew! –AZ Contest Sponsors.
Grand Finalists do not have to be present to win.